Find all our certifications and rankings here.
The EESPIG label (Private Higher Education Establishment of General Interest) leads to the signature of a multi-year contract between the State and the establishment setting its strategic objectives to meet the national priorities of higher education and research.
To benefit from this label, the institution must justify its disinterested management and commitment to the non-profit nature of its activity.
L'École de design Nantes Atlantique is the first independent design school to have obtained this label and is one of the few schools to hold the label since January 1st 2022.
L'École de design Nantes Atlantique has been a member of the Conférence des Grandes Écoles since 2003. The CGE brings together some 200 leading schools (engineering, management, design, architecture, political studies institutes) recognized by the State. Admission to the CGE is based on demanding criteria relating to the school's structure, recruitment methods, pedagogical approach, international outlook, links with business, student support and the type of degrees awarded.
DN MADE regulated by the State
In 2020, the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation awarded the label "DN MADE regulated by the State" to L'École de design Nantes Atlantique. This label attests to the quality of the school's training programs. The National Diploma of Art and Design Trades (DN MADE) is a national degree of higher education, structured over 3 years and granting students a Bachelor's degree.
L'École de design Nantes Atlantique is the only private school authorized to offer the DN MADE, organized around major and minor options and specialties.
- DN MADE Space, majoring in Housing Architecture and Commercial Development, with a minor in Object Design
- DN MADE Digital, majoring in Interface Design and Digital Media, with a minor in Graphic Design
- DN MADE Object, majoring in Industrial Product Design, with a minor in Materials
- DN MADE Fashion, majoring in Design and Innovation
Visa and Master's degree status for the 5-year design degree
The 5-year degree from L'École de design Nantes Atlantique has been approved by the Ministry of Higher Education and Research since 2003.
The visa is a guarantee of excellence awarded to a limited number of schools and testifies to the effectiveness of the school's teaching model and its high academic level.
L'École de design Nantes Atlantique is also the first private design school in France to have obtained the accreditation to deliver a Master's degree recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education and Research in 2021 (official bulletin of July 22, 2021).
In 2019, L'École de design Nantes Atlantique was awarded the "Bienvenue en France" label with the maximum rating of three stars by the Campus France Labeling Commission.
This label attests to the institution's commitment and quality in welcoming international students.
L'École de design Nantes Atlantique meets the requirements of the label concerning the quality and accessibility of information, reception facilities, courses, academic support, accommodation, quality of life on campus and post-graduation follow-up for international students.
This label, awarded to the school for a period of 4 years, contributes to strengthening the school's attractiveness to international institutions and students.
L'École de design Nantes Atlantique is Qualiopi certified for its continuing education offer, its apprenticeship programs and VAE (professional experience validation program).
Since January 1, 2022, Qualiopi certification has been compulsory for all organizations carrying out activities that contribute to skills development and that wish to benefit from public or mutualized funds from professional training funders. It is currently the benchmark for quality certification of training providers.
Rankings of L’École de design Nantes Atlantique
L’École de design Nantes Atlantique and its training programs are regularly cited among the best in rankings and awards established by national and international organizations and media, in the various specialties taught within the establishment.
Among the evaluation criteria used by these organizations are:
- academic excellence
- institutional and state recognition
- recognition by professionals
- professional integration rates for graduates
- student satisfaction surveys.
- #201-230, QS World University Rankings 2022 - The World University Rankings are based on academic reputation, employer reputation and research impact.
- 2nd best school of Art Direction, Graphics, Design (Bac +5) - Eduniversal Ranking of Schools of Art Direction, Graphics, Design (Bac +5) 2022
- 6th best program in User Experience, UX Design - Eduniversal ranking of the best masters in User Experience, UX Design 2021- Eduniversal ranking of the best masters in Graphics and Design 2021
- 2nd best Art Direction, Graphics and Design program in France - Ranking of Masters in Design based on academic excellence and satisfaction surveys sent to our students.
- 2nd best Art Direction, Graphics and Design program in France - Eduniversal Ranking of the Best Graphics and Design Masters 2020
- Top 7 of the best interior design schools in France 2018 winners of design and applied arts schools from l’Étudiant magazine. Ranking of interior design courses based on reputation with professional interior designers and academic excellence
- Top 7 graphic design schools in France in 2018 2018 winners of design and applied arts schools from l’Étudiant magazine. Ranking of graphic design courses based on academic excellence and reputation with professional graphic designers.
- 3rd best master in UX Design in France UX Design SMBG 2018 Ranking of Masters in Design based on academic excellence and satisfaction surveys sent to our students.
- 2nd best industrial design school in France (2017 and 2018) 2018 annual ranking of design and applied arts schools from l’Etudiant magazine Ranking based on reputation with product design professionals and academic excellence
- Among the 15 schools recognized by the French Council of Interior Architects (CFAI) Only 15 schools in France are accredited by the CFAI (French Council of Interior Architects) for the training of interior designers.
- Among the 50 best design schools in Europe in 2017 - Annual selection of the best design schools by the Italian magazine Domus
- Most cited school by interactivity design professionals 2017 survey of "interactive designers", the French association for the promotion of interactivity design, Interaction Design and UX Design. Ranking based on reputation with professional UX designers and Interaction Designers
of the school
A major player in higher education, L'École de design Nantes Atlantique, an establishment of the Nantes St-Nazaire Chamber of Commerce and Industry, was founded in 1988.
In September 2022, 1,750 students and 400 teachers from L'École de design Nantes Atlantique began their new school year in an 11,600 square meter building located on the Île de Nantes.
L'École de design Nantes Atlantique prides itself on its strong connection with the professional world (companies, public administrations, associations) in its teaching approach.